02 03 Sweet Mornings: White Loaves - Tuesdays With Dorie, Baking with Julia 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

White Loaves - Tuesdays With Dorie, Baking with Julia

34
Today is the first Tuesday for the new Tuesdays with Dorie (TWD).  This group is baking through the cookbook Baking With Julia.  I had this cookbook and loved browsing through it but in the years I have owned it I never once tried anything from it.  I really don't know why I hadn't baked from it, but it was long past time so when I saw that there was a group baking through it I signed up.


The first recipe, White Loaves, was a great place to start.  I wanted to find a recipe for sandwich bread for my family and this recipe is it.  It mixes up in a mixer (my KitchenAide was up to the challenge but the bowl got stuck) and is easy to make.  The results are well worth the effort, an excellent loaf of bread (well actually 2 loaves) that is perfect for toast or sandwiches.  The day I made it we even ate it with dinner (we couldn't wait) and I think we ate half a loaf. 



I have already made it twice, it is replacing purchased loaves of bread for lunches in my house.

Recipe Note:  The recipe for TWD:BWJ may be found on the hosts site.  You can find the recipe on the blog Slush or Someone's In the Kitchen.  Or better yet go buy the book Baking With Julia and join us as we bake.  This recipe is on pgs. 81-82.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38