02 03 Sweet Mornings: TWD:BWJ Chocolate Truffle Tartlets 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

TWD:BWJ Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

34

This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Chocolate Truffle Tartlets.  The hosts this week are Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon, Spike of Spike Bakes, Jaime of Good Eats and Sweet Treats, Jessica of Cookbookhabit .  Check out their blogs for the recipe or buy the book Baking With Julia (recipe on pg. 382).


I made these for Valentine’s Day in a mini heart tartlet pan which worked fine.  The crust was a disaster!!  After chilling it was too stiff and hard to work with and I almost gave up.  My daughter insisted I make them so I ended up just pulling and pressing the dough into the pan.  The tart itself mixed up nice but there were A LOT of egg yolks in it.  I ended up using the chocolate I had on hand (semi-sweet and milk chocolate) which suited my family.  The tarts were chocolatey and good.  If I make them again I think I will serve them with sliced strawberries and a little whipped cream.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38