02 03 Sweet Mornings: Chocolate MandM Valentine Cookie 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Chocolate MandM Valentine Cookie

34
Chocolate and M&Ms together in a giant cookie.  Yum!!   I was looking for an easy, quick dessert for Valentine's Day and thought of a giant heart shaped cookie (I have the pan :) but I wanted something other than a chocolate chip cookie.  I had made an Autumn Cookie Torte in the Fall that I found on Baking Bites that substituted M&Ms for chocolate chips and it was good but I wanted chocolate.  So I added cocoa to the recipe to make it chocolate.  I also had a bag of Mint M&Ms that I had bought on clearance after Christmas so I substituted those for regular M&Ms (I also picked out all of the green ones since they didn't correspond to the theme). 


I baked it in the heart shaped pan and it was an excellent, quick and easy dessert. 




To make it look more dessert like I edged it with whipped cream and you can serve it with ice cream. If you don't have a heart shaped pan you can bake it in a springform pan or even a pizza pan and use any type of M&Ms you choose. Cookies for dessert always lead to sweet mornings.


Giant Chocolate M&M Cookie
slightly adapted from Baking Bites

Printer Friendly Recipe

1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup cocoa
1 cup M&Ms (I used Mint but pick your favorite flavor)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a pizza pan or giant cookie pan.

Mix butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl mix remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. Add together and mix.
Stir in M&Ms.
Spread in prepared pan.

Bake 26-30 minutes.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38