02 03 Sweet Mornings: Yogurt Cake with Chocolate Chips 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Yogurt Cake with Chocolate Chips

34

I was feeling something different.  I was tired of cookies and muffins so I needed something else to snack on.  I wanted something not real sweet and it had to be easy to make, no rolling or frosting.  I flipped through a bunch of cookbooks and was intrigued by the French Yogurt Cake in Dorie Greenspan’s Baking From My Home to Yours.  It sounded light but it had a marmalade frosting that just wasn’t what I wanted and I didn’t have any lemons for the lemon zest or almonds and there was no chocolate in the recipe but the basic idea of the cake was good. 


So I adapted the cake to suit my tastes, no lemon or almonds, increased the vanilla extract and added chocolate chips.  Oh and left off the glaze.  The result was just what I was hoping for, light, easy to make, and just the right amount of chocolate chips.  A yummy dessert :)



Yogurt Cake with Chocolate Chips
adapted from Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Printer Friendly Recipe

1 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup plain yogurt
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a loaf pan.

Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and chocolate chips.
Mix yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
Pour into loaf pan.

Bake for 50-55 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.

Linked to: Sweets for Saturday

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38