02 03 Sweet Mornings: Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bread (for Bread Machine) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bread (for Bread Machine)

34

In my quest to make homemade bread I have rediscovered my Bread Machine.  I have had a Bread Machine for years, in fact I am on my second one having worn out my first one.  But I had forgotten about it.  It has sat on a shelf or on my counter, collecting dust for month-long stretches.  Periodically I will notice it and think “O you should make some bread” and then discover I didn’t have the ingredients and forget about it again.  This year is going to be different; I will use my Bread Machine!!  I have already used it several times to make old favorite bread recipes and have started experimenting with new recipes.  I have made this bread several times and my family has decided it a keeper. 


It is a modification of an Oatmeal Bread recipe.  I added sweet potato puree (I am looking for ways to use up my sweet potatoesJ  I bake several up at a time and the ones I don’t use I scoop out the flesh and freeze it until I need it) to the recipe and decreased the amount of sugar.  The bread is slightly sweet and is wonderful warm or toasted for breakfast.  Enjoy and may it be a part of your Sweet Morning!




Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bread
(for Bread Machine)

Printer Friendly Recipe

1 ¼ cup warm water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Insides of 1 medium baked sweet potato
1 tsp salt
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup quick oats
3 cups bread flour
2 ¼ tsp bread machine yeast

Combine ingredients in order specified by your bread machine.
Push start
Wait
Slice and enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38