02 03 Sweet Mornings: Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken and Sweet Potatoes 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

34

Yesterday when I told my daughter what we were having for dinner she looked at me and gave me the face.  When I told my husband on the phone I got silence.  I also got “sweet potatoes again!!”  About 2 minutes into dinner I noticed that they were inhaling dinner.  Plates were being cleaned and forks licked.  Then I asked if they liked dinner and it was resounding, they LOVED it!!!!!! They want it again!!!  Today my husband texted me after eating his leftovers to tell me how good they were.  I have a new dinner recipe!!!!!

It is sooooooooo easy!!  I am all about quick, easy recipes and this is one.  It is a slow cooker meal, toss the ingredients in and when its dinner time it is there waiting for you.  Oh, and it has sweet potatoes and I am on such a sweet potato kick that I think I’m going to turn orange soon J.  Cut up half an onion and 2 sweet potatoes, mix them together and put them in the slow cooker.  Put the chicken thighs on top, season with salt and pepper and pour in balsamic vinegar and chicken broth.  That’s it, it is that easy, slightly tangy and the result is amazing  


Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Printer Friendly Recipe

½ medium onion, diced
2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 ½ cups chicken broth
4 boneless chicken thighs
salt
pepper

Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add onion and sweet potatoes. Stir to combine.
Place chicken thighs on top.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour balsamic vinegar and chicken broth over the top.
Put the cover on the slow cooker.
Cook 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

Serves 4

Linked to  Slow Cooker Sunday

It's a Keeper




Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38