02 03 Sweet Mornings: Meatless Monday - Baked Spaghetti 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Meatless Monday - Baked Spaghetti

34
So for Meatless Monday I reverted to pasta.  My family likes pasta and usually don't complain too much about it.   I was feeling more of a casserole type meal so I could hide some vegetables in dinner (yeah, I know she's a high school senior that briefly flirted with being a vegetarian but some days I have to still revert to hiding vegetables).  I used the food processor to mince carrots into incredibly tiny pieces and while the spaghetti cooked I sauted onions, carrots, and garlic in a little bit of olive oil.  Mixed the spaghetti, sauce and vegetables with some ricotta and mozarella cheese.  Dumped it all in a casserole and into the oven it went.



Hiding the vegetables worked like a charm, she went back for seconds and liked it until her father said "Is there carrots in here?"  You would think after all this time he would know not to talk about ingredients in front of the children!!  She decided maybe it wasn't so good after all ://  My husband didn't complain and said I can make it again!!!!!  Maybe he's getting used to Meatless Mondays (probably not but I can fantasize for a few minutes)  :))




Spaghetti Bake

Printer Friendly Recipe

1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, finely minced
1 medium onion, finely minced
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
½ box spaghetti
1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Prepare spaghetti according to package directions reducing cooking time by 1 minute.
While the spaghetti is cooking saute carrots, onion, and garlic in the olive oil.

Drain spaghetti.
In a casserole pan combine spaghetti, carrots, onion, garlic, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese. Mix well.

Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until bubbly. During the last 10 minutes sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Linked to: Just Another Meatless Monday

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38