02 03 Sweet Mornings: Chocolate Oatmeal Biscotti 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Chocolate Oatmeal Biscotti

34

Today I decided I was going to make biscotti.  I’m not really sure why I decided on biscotti, I haven’t had it in years and I’m not really a fan of nuts so biscotti was an odd thing for me to fixate on.  But for some reason I was determined.  I found a recipe.  Correction I found a LOT of recipes and none was quite right so I improvised.  Instead of nuts I added oatmeal and of course I wanted chocolate and if I was having chocolate I might as well add chocolate chips. 



When mixing the texture was odd, it seemed dry but what do I know I’ve never made biscotti before so I pressed on and made the logs.  It smelled good when it was baking, nice and chocolate.  I waited and sliced it, still crumbly and baked it again. 


The pieces I snitched tasted good, nice and chocoaltey with texture.  I waited and waited until they were cool and then made coffee and ate one.  Interesting, it was the chocolate I wanted and it had texture from the oatmeal but I wasn’t sure.  So I ate another piece and another.  Then my daughter got home and I had a piece with her and she had 2J  So I guess it's not half bad since we kept going back for more.  Enjoy and may your sweet morning last all day.

Chocolate Oatmeal Biscotti
adapted from Everyday Food

Printer Friendly Recipe


1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup cocoa
¾ cup quick oats
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¾ cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine flour, cocoa, quick oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Divide dough in half.
Form each half into a log with a flat top approximately 2 ½ inches wide and ¾ inch tall.
Place logs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 20-25 minutes.

Let cool on sheets placed on wire rack for 20 minutes.
Slice logs on the diagonal with a serrated knife into slices.
Place cut side down on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake for about 7 ½ minutes.
Flip slices and rotate pan.
Bake for 7 ½ minutes more.
Let cool on sheets.




This recipe is part of



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38