02 03 Sweet Mornings: Chocolate Mini Muffins 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Chocolate Mini Muffins

34

I love muffins.  They are the perfect combination of breakfast and dessert and who doesn’t need an excuse to eat dessert for breakfast.  So I make muffins a lot and mini muffins are my favorite because you can eat more than 1 and go back for more.  I am on the search for the perfect chocolate muffin, one that is that perfect amount of chocolate but not too much because it is morning.  This recipe is pretty close; they are pleasingly chocolatey without being too much. 

In fact they remind me of the chocolate birthday cake my Gram always made.  These muffins are healthy-ish too (at least that's what I tell myself) because I used yogurt and part of the flour is wheat flour.  I enjoyed them hot out of the oven but am enjoying them even more the next day.  Oh and I used my Valentine’s Day muffin pan just because it’s 2 weeks until Valentine's Day J Hope you have a sweet morning!!


Linked to Inspiration Board Link Party

Chocolate Mini Muffins

Printer Friendly Recipe

⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup cocoa
¾ cup chocolate chips
6 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
¾ cup lowfat vanilla yogurt


Preheat oven to 400. Line mini muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.

Mix dry ingredients: sugar, flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa

In a microwave safe bowl combine butter and chocolate chips. Microwave 1-2 minutes, until chocolate chips are melted (be careful not to over microwave, it took me about 1 ½ minutes). Stir until smooth. Add wet ingredients: vanilla, eggs, and yogurt. Stir well.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.

Use a tablespoon to scoop batter into the mini muffin tins.

Bake 10-12 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 36 mini muffins

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38