02 03 Sweet Mornings: Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosted Donuts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosted Donuts

34
It is donut day!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seriously, I LOVE my donut pan and look for ways to use it and donuts for breakfast are perfect way to start my day.  I will let you in on a secret, I am NOT a morning person (ok, so it really isn't a secret from anyone that I don't function well in the morning).  So how, you ask, do I make donuts before my daughter leaves for school at 6:30?  I mix the batter the night before and often fill the pans ahead of time.  In the morning all I have to do is preheat the oven, bake 7-15 minutes (depending on the donut), mix the frosting, frost, and hand her a donut as she walks out the door.  Oh, I also make them a pan at a time so I have donuts for 2 days.





Today's donut is a special request from my youngest, peanut butter donuts with chocolate frosting. The donuts have just enough peanut butter to be peanut buttery but not overwhelming and with the chocolate frosting it is a can't miss combination.  Hope they help make your mornings sweet.



Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosted Donuts
inspired by Wilton

Printer Friendly Recipe

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs
¾ cup low fat plain yogurt (I used Stoneyfield Farm Organic)
⅓ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate glaze frosting


Preheat oven to 375.
Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.

Mix together all dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, granulated sugar, brown sugar.
Combine wet ingredients: melted butter, eggs, yogurt, peanut butter, vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix.

Spoon or pipe batter into pan.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Remove from pan and let cool a few minutes on wire rack.
Top with chocolate glaze frosting.

Makes 12 doughnuts

Chocolate Glaze Frosting

¾ cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp water
¼ cup confectioner sugar

Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave for about 1 minute.
Stir until smooth adding a small amount of water.
Add confectioner sugar and water until it is desired consistency.

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38