02 03 Sweet Mornings: Baked Maple Donuts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Baked Maple Donuts

34

The good news is I am actually using my donut pan.  The bad news is I am using my donut pan and I need to up the frequency of my exercise L  I never even really liked donuts, they were an occasional treat and not even something I craved.  Since I started baking donuts I crave donuts, lots and lots of donuts.  I want to make donuts and keep thinking of different types to experiment with.  This week one of the donuts (yes I said 1, I told you I am using the pans too much) I experimented with was Baked Maple Donuts. 



The donuts are a pleasing combination of maple and brown sugar.  They have just the right amount of sweetness and really don’t need a frosting, just a light vanilla glaze to enhance the flavor.  Hope they add to your Sweet Mornings.



NOTE: I think these donuts are better after they have cooled and really enjoy them the next day.

Baked Maple Donuts

Printer Friendly Recipe

1 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs
¾ cup low fat plain yogurt (I used Stoneyfield Farm Organic)
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla glaze

Preheat oven to 375.
Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.

Mix together all dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar.
Combine wet ingredients: melted butter, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and maple syrup.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix.

Spoon or pipe batter into pan.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Remove from pan and let cool a few minutes on wire rack.
Top with vanilla glaze frosting.

Makes 12 doughnuts

Vanilla Glaze

1-2 Tbsp water
¼ cup confectioner sugar

Add water to confectioners sugar a little at a time until glaze reaches desired



Linked to Photobucket

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38