02 03 Sweet Mornings: Spritz Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Spritz Cookies

34
My husband is a happy man!!  I finally made the Spritz cookies he has been begging for and he doesn't have to fight my Dad for them.  I am happy too because my oldest daughter is home from college and helped make the Spritz and did all the decorating!!!  Life is good!!!!!! 



These cookies have been on the cookie tray as long as I can remember, they are so yummy and with the new cookie press so easy!!! Really the new cookie press makes all the difference....it's not torture making these, it is actually kind of fun.  Buttery and delicious, just make sure not to overbake and make lots because they will disappear.  Oh, I made them green this year (totally confused my husband) in order to differentiate between batches. Next week I plan on making another type of Spritz so I wanted to be able to tell them apart.




Cookie tray is finally looking like a cookie tray.





Spritz Cookies
adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook

Printer Friendly Recipe

1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups flour
¼ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400.

Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add in egg, and vanilla.
Mix in flour and salt.

Place dough in a cookie press and follow directions to create desired shapes.

Bake 6-9 minutes until set. Do not ovebake.
Immediately remove from cookie sheets and place on wire drying racks.

Makes 3-4dozen cookies

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38