02 03 Sweet Mornings: Nana's Chocolate Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Nana's Chocolate Cookies

34

These are the cookies that I hide!  Really, these cookies are sooooooooo good that I hide them from my family!!  I have made them when no one else is home and cleaned up all the evidence, freezing all the cookies so I can I eat them all.  I am not proud of it but they are so chocolatey that I can’t help myself. 

I LOVE these cookies out of the freezer (it might be because when I was a kid I used to sneak into the freezer and help myself to these cookies, sorry Mom), the chocolate is kind of gooey and oh so good   My sister and I were talking about making these, she lives in Washington state so it’s ok if she knows about my secret stash, and she does the same thing!  Hide them….it must be a family tradition J But she likes her cookies warm and will warm them to be soft and gooey. 

My great-grandmother made these and hers were perfect.  My Gram’s, not so much because the secret to these cookies is they are best when they are barely baked and my Gram always worried about us getting sick from uncooked eggs.  If you like soft, chocolate cookies give these a try.


Everyday the cookie tray looks better.

Nana’s Chocolate Cookies

Printer Friendly Recipe
½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, well beaten
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ tsp salt
¾ cup flour

Preheat oven to 325.

Cream shortening and sugar.
Add vanilla extract and eggs.
Add melted chocolate.
Mix in salt and flour.

Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake 7-10 minutes.

Makes 3-4 dozen

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38