02 03 Sweet Mornings: Cinnamon 'Snickerdoodle' Bar Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Cinnamon 'Snickerdoodle' Bar Cookies

34

My husband has been feeling a little left out, I have been making favorite cookies of everyone else and not his.  So today I made cookies for him.  One reason I did not make them sooner is he will eat them all before Christmas even if I stick them in the freezer so I was waiting until closer to Christmas so I wouldn’t have to make them twice.  The other problem is he likes Snickerdoodles, cookies I had never even heard of until I married him (there is no chocolate in them so they did not show up on my radar) and Snickerdoodles are ROLLED cookies!!  As I’ve mentioned before I detest making rolled cookies, that’s what my daughters are for but it’s Wednesday and they are busy with school.  So I decided to change things up a bit, still make him Snickerdoodles (or at least a cookie that tastes like a Snickerdoodle) but make it as a bar cookie. 



I am all about the bar cookie, great cookie taste without the tedious rolling or scooping.  Seriously if you are having a cookie emergency, you know what I’m talking about, you MUST HAVE COOKIES but you are pressed for time a bar cookie is the way to go.  Mix, through them in a pan and usually in 30 minutes or less you are finished and have an amazing batch of cookies.



I admit I tried the cookies and they are good (even if there is no chocolate).  Buttery, cinnamonny, and light.  My husband in ‘testing’ them has eaten half the pan (probably will have to make them again before Christmas) and likes them with an additional sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar best (tastes more like Snickerdoodles) but also likes them without the topping.  It is up to you whether to add the extra cinnamon and sugar.



Another cookie for the cookie tray.



Cinnamon ‘Snickerdoodle’ Bar Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
sugar and cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.
Grease a 13x9 pan.

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Mix in egg and vanilla.

In a small bowl combine cinnamon, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
Mix until combined.

Spread in greased pan.
If desired sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake 18-20 minutes.

Makes about 24 bars

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38