02 03 Sweet Mornings: Chocolate Chip Dainties 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Chocolate Chip Dainties

34

I must confess, I have a cookie addiction.  I cannot get enough cookies.  Every time I make a batch I want more!  I am constantly searching out new recipes and new types.  That is why I LOVE December because I can feed my addiction and pass it off as making cookies for the holidays and no one notices how many I eat J

I really do not know why these cookies are called Chocolate Chip Dainties but that is what we always called them.  My Mom added these to our cookie tray when I was in junior high but then they went on a hiatus for a lot of years, I think it had something to do with no one wanting to dip the chocolate.  A few years ago I was going through our recipes and decided to bring them back (my daughters were right age to dip the ends).  The cookies are light and buttery with chocolate chips.  The cookies are rolled into log shapes and after baking the ends are dipped in melted chocolate chips.  The chocolate chips and chocolate dip add the perfect amount of chocolate.  The shape adds a nice contrast to the cookie tray too.








Look the cookie tray is really full!!





Chocolate Chip Dainties

Printer Friendly Recipe

¾ cup butter plus ¼ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg (12 oz) chocolate chips
2 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream 3/4 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla extract.
Mix in flour and salt.
Stir in half package of chocolate chips.

Roll dough into sticks.
Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets.

Bake 10-12 minutes.

When cookies have cooled melt remaining chocolate chips with ¼ cup butter.
Dip ends of cookies in chocolate.

Makes 6 dozen

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38