02 03 Sweet Mornings: No More Sweatshirts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

No More Sweatshirts

34
It already feels like summer in North Carolina- the mornings warm up quickly and this week there has been no need for a sweatshirt when I take the dog(Snowball) out.  I suppose that should be my sweet thought of the day- putting away the sweatshirts and jackets for the season.  There is something to be said for walking outside in a t-shirt and sandals at 6 am.  I can get out the door much faster and it eliminates the risk of me falling down the stairs as I pull the sweatshirt over my head while holding the leash of an overly exuberant dog.

Made the chcocolate chip mini muffins again. This recipe is quick and easy to make.  My family has inhaled them (it only makes 2 dozen) so I think it is worth sharing. 

Enjoy and may all your mornings be sweet!



Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Adapted from Taste of Home April/May 1996

Printer Friendly Recipe

½ cup sugar                                                                     3Tbsp butter
1 egg                                                                                 ¼ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract                                                      1 cup flour
½ tsp baking soda                                                          ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt                                                                          ¾ - 1 cup chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
Add egg, milk, and vanilla.  Mix well
Combine dry ingredients.  Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips (I like them chocolatey so I tend to add a lot)
Drop into mini muffin pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray
Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes Do not overbake
Makes 2 dozen

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38